Friday, October 26, 2007

Of Bikes,Boys, and Booze

" Hey,meet me at Bandra by 6 pm."
"what!!! You xpect me 2 get from g'kopar to bandra in half an hour?"
"No,not you alone.Get in touch wid M.He's ringing his bike.I m joining hesh on his bike."

This was VJ.One of my oldest mates,M,Hesh,Vj,Nish.We go back a long tym.and there was a new addition halfway,R/So this was an all out boys trip planned for us.Why Bandra?? Well,these are guys from small towns and suburbs,naturally,bandra has that sort of effect on ppl.

"Where are you guys? We are already at the parking lot.Get down there fast.Nish and R won't make it" - Vj

We get there and the air of the place rings out with curse words.The solitude goes for a toss,so does the privacy of a lot of other ppl.we backslap each other,swear at ourselves,and laugh for silly nothings.The bikers give their accelerators a workout.Finally,we grin stupidly at each other and sit down.

"Well,its been 6 months since we last had a meet." - vj
"Yeah,and that was when you treated us to that f*@#$^g movie." - Hesh
" Hey,anyone's thirsty.I got beer." - M
" You never told me you had that in your box" - me
"Oh sorry,guys.It won't be chilled.He's been sitting over it for a while." - M
" Ass#@&e" - me.

" So,what do we have here? An accountant(ICWA- vj corrects),a businessman,and a chef.Of course,me being a good for nothing cross between a philosopher and a writer"

"Oh just thought we oughtta get together.Its been a long time.and......." - Hesh
" And what..? " - M
"Nothing, Vj had an announcement" - Hesh
"And you have nothing else to say??" - M
"No,after him." - Hesh

" well....." - me
" Nothing guys.there's good news and there's bad news." -Vj
"whats the bad news?" - Hesh
"Yeah,we'll go with the bad news first.Easier to gulp with the beer." - M( he has a bad sense of humor)
" well,my boss fired me." - Vj
" Son of a bi......" - M
" May he die with his @#$^* crucified.may he be allowed entrance to hell when i am in power" - hesh
" Amen"- M
" Why??How??" - me
" What does it matter?It's done and over.Ididn't plan to work there for long anyways." - Vj
"So what's the good news??" - me
" Yeah,and it better be good.Or you'll be ........." - M
" Well,you guys remember that girl i was going out with in ICWA" - Vj
" Yah, silly kind of a......... Yeah,sorry. please do continue". - Hesh ( stops after M nudges him)
"we have been going strong for the last to years......And i think this is going to contine." - Vj
" Cool" - me
" Yeah.boy.You go get her" - hesh
" Yeah.Fine.But what is the good news?" - M

And we all resort to slapping him again.We then gang on Vj,and start a celebratory singing of 'We will rock you'.By now the beer is rumbling my stomach.I never kind of liked it anyways.

"how can you be 21,be a rebel and not smoke or drink?" - Hesh
" You don't need to drink or smoke to be a rebel.And if that is the picture you have of a rebel,i am not conforming to it." - me
" What? " - M
" Forget it" - Hesh
" So wassup with the rest of you guys?" - vj
Oh well,My parents have handed over the family business to me" - hesh
" I am so sorry for them" - me
" Yeah,I guess they'll be bankrupt by a few years." - M
" Yeah,right ass... at least I don't have to spend the day burning my ass oer the oven with a *@#^head shouting in my ears" - hesh
" All right,cut it out you two.I think i am gonna puke" - me
"Hey,I paid for that beer,yu can't spit it on the street." - M
" Right,H.......Allright,M say AAAhh" - Vj

and we all break out layghing.The shit stays in my stomach for a while.And a second rund of the drinks are called for.As we sit on the seaface of the promenade,crowded by anonymous couples,we are a strange bunch.I sit in the middle.Hesh to my right,and M to my left.Vj sits to the right of hesh.

" I think I love...." - VJ
" What!!!!!!" - me
" what?" - hesh
M looks confusedly at us.He had been chatting with hesh before i shrieked.
" Vj said something" - me
" No,nothing" - VJ
" what did he say?" - M asks hesh
" Nothing" - hesh
" No, you ass#@*! ! before that" - M
"VJ... better be out with it." - me
" I think i love her." - Vj

The air went all still.The only sounds emanating were that of the sea.A slow lumbering drone.
Then the beer flowed out of our nostrils,and we fell onto the pavement laughing.Vj wasn't amused.

" i am serious" - Vj
" yeah,and I am Caesar" - M ( told ya he has a bad sense of humor)
" Vj,you are 21.At this age a lot of us feel a lot of things.You'll probably love somebody else by next year." - hesh

we packed him still protesting,into the bike and speed off for dinner.The night has gone deep.People are asleep.But we roar around on our bikes.And i puke onto the street without getting off.!!

No comments: