Monday, October 09, 2017

How many moments

How many moments
Have I killed
To get here.

Angered immortal time
By scratching pimpled minutes
Off the face of her favourite clock, 
Laughed at the sun 
And the scarred moon
As others cashed in 
On their frequent flier miles,
The length of a city 
measured in the seconds it took 
to go fromRD Burman and AR Rahman, 

Have I pickled my brain, 
marinating it in Train timetables
yoked to broken clocks 
hung on crowded platforms?

Groundhog days repeated 
In loop across weeks
And months 
And years,

How many times have I 
dried up thoughts and burnt emotions
dripping with memories,
Some real,
Mostly fake. 

I have lost them all. 

A price 
for the broken words
I now type and send 
across this warped spacetime
of virtual reality. 



Was it all for this though? 

No comments:

To Love - Pt1

So, this happened. Sometime in the second half of December 2018, I found myself on the dance floor of a close friend's wedding party. W...